Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Starting so great and ending so... not so great!

So we were having a great week... how did it go so wrong? Well, it's not that bad- really. But man-we were on a good roll!
In a 24 hour period, all these great things happen... Ollie sleeps 7 hours straight through the night, Tyse actually tells me where he is going when he leaves the house, and even comes back to tell me when he and his friends are going to a different house (a mini-miracle at our house- I am ALWAYS tracking him down), and Emitt goes both #1 and #2 in the potty. WOW! What a day! I don't remember the last time that many great things happened in one day-

But by sunday (a mere 4 days later), Ollie was only sleeping 45 minutes at a time, Tyse was disappearing left and right, and leaving the doors and gate open so Emitt escapes as well, and Emitt is having severe diaper blow outs while Tyse is pooping his pants for the first time in months! Sheesh! That's what I get for being so excited for our progress, I guess!

Maybe we can make back the progress we made in the next couple weeks or so!
On a better note, we finally figured out Ollie and his eating preferences, so the sleep is definitely better! that helps most other ailments not count for quite as much, and Kent and the neighbor installed lights under my counter tops, in my pantry, and in my laundry room! We can finally see!

5 comments:

Laurie Meredith said...

I can so relate! My kids were both up so early this morning so I have had no "me" time at all today and I've had a grumpy mommy day. I'm sure it will be better tomorrow. A bad day is usually followed by a good one.

Johnsons said...

Wow, that is a tough day! I am glad they had progress before though, that means they are not too far away. You are such a good mom. I would have lost it! I am so glad that Ollie is sleeping better for you. I totally agree that everything is better with sleep!

Lyndsey said...

Isn't that the truth. Things tend to go very wrong right after you think everything is great!

Brandon and Amber said...

Crazy! Hopefully everything will get back to great days soon.

I'll miss you girls this weekend...hope you have tons of fun!

Doug and Shayla said...

Sorry to hear about the recent craziness! We've been hit and miss on our phone calls. I CAN'T WAIT to see you today, tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night.....ah, heaven. Yay, for GIRL'S NIGHT!!! I have definitely been needing this. :)