Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tyse has some new best friends...

For mothers day, Tyse got new friends. Not that there was anything wrong with the old ones, but you know how 4 year olds are...
He wanted to catch some spiders that he saw crawling around outside. I gave him a jar and a gardening shovel and sent him on his hunt. He returned a short time later with 3 little brown spiders in his jar, some rocks, sticks, and grass. Not a bad little habitat!
It was then time for his quiet time, so he asked if he could take them upstairs and show them his room. I put a lid on it and we punched some holes and up he went (willingly, for the first time in months!). He was upstairs all of 20 minutes before he was back down telling me that he was ready to let them go. 3 less spiders in my house? GREAT! He started out the back door, and then turned around and told me, "but mom, they are my best friends. I am REALLY REALLY going to miss them!" Nonetheless, he went out and dumped them, and then returned inside to tell me "I miss them already!" I guess we have gone through our next pet stage. At least it was short lived.

3 comments:

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

I love that story,and I love Tyse. However, Tyse cannot bring his new friends over to my house to play. Sorry!

Johnsons said...

That is too cute. I think that Tyse and Wyatt would really get along great!!

Carolyn said...

Avery didn't release her pet ladybug soon enough and she died (her name was Avery, named after Avery, of course). But don't worry, she took it to preschool for show and tell anyway.