A couple weeks ago we were surprised when Grandpa Bart came to visit for a few days! It was great to see him! The boys love having him around because he loves to chase them and play baseball for hours on end, and I loved having him because we don't ever get to see him and I needed a little nudge from a proven green thumb to get our garden and yard going for the spring. He let the boys help him plant 4 tomatoes and some radishes in our garden, helped me plan out what else to grow in the garden as well as a few flower beds, and then also helped me choose and plant some shrubs and flowers for the front of our house. I am amazed at how much these little plants have added to the appearance of our home! WOW!
It has started a little fire in me of wanting to beautify our yard and so now Kent is hard at work changing the shape of one of our flower beds, finding more dirt to fill it with so it will sit up higher than the rest of the yard. He has also dug some lilies out of my mom's yard and we transplanted them here, and then moved some flowers around to make some space, and we are finally getting around to planting some bulbs and hopefully it isn't too hot for them already! We are still in the planning stages of our patio, and I can't wait to get it in so we can eat outside eventually!
July Fun
3 weeks ago
1 comments:
looking good. I love yard work.
Post a Comment