Tyse had his preschool graduation last friday night! I can't believe we are having our first official graduation of any kind! He has loved his preschool this year and is a little sad that it is over! It was a great program in which they did the days of the week, the months of the year, the ABC's in sign language, sang a couple songs, and had a slideshow. Then was the main event- the handing out of the diplomas. Miss Kristie (seen above) had the kids fill out a sheet about themselves for her to read while they walked up to the podium and Tyse's went something like this-
Favorite color- all the colors
Favorite part of school- the big and little pit (he goes to a preschool where they do gymnastics with the curriculum a couple times a month)
Yada, Yada... and then the biggie- she let them hold the microphone and say "When I grow up I want to be..." There were many of your token answers (firefighter, veterinarian, doctor), there were the sweet answers (a mom, just like my dad, etc), and then there was Tyse.
He stood up and spoke more clearly and loudly into the mic than any other child did all night and came out with "when I grow up I want to be HE-MAN! (in the most manly voice he could conjure)". Of course the families that were there just started laughing and the family sitting in front of us turned around and asked, "Isn't that your son?" Ahhh- our sweet, quiet boy- ready to grow up and fight the bad guys!
Anyway, it was cute and he was very excited that the program went so well and that they got cookies and punch at the end. It was the first time I have gotten to talk to many of the moms, and one of the moms came over and said, "You are Tyse's mom, aren't you?" To which I didn't know whether to be nervous about the upcoming conversation or not. I did honestly reply, and she said, "my daughter talks about Tyse all the time! She always has stories about Tyse!" The only thing I could think of to respond is "OH! Well... I hope that's a good thing..." and she let me off the hook- yes, it was good, and she really liked him. PHEW! Anyway, we are so proud of him and his learning this year! We now have a beginning reader, a great colorer and cutter, he can write all his numbers and letters and is starting to sound out words and spell on his own. WE love you, Tyse!
July Fun
3 weeks ago
5 comments:
Yay for Tyse! Our kids are growing up. I loved reading all your new posts. I'm missing you...I need my Beka fix. :) Love ya.
That is so funny. He has such a great personality! Wyatt's preschool grad is next week. Doesn't it seem like yesterday that we were all pregnant with them, and now they are graduating preschool. Where does the time go?
Does Tyse start kindergarten next year, or does he have one more year?
I can't believe he graduated! That is fun that they did that for the kids. I think I would have balled my eyes out. And please tell me that he is not starting kindergarten this year, because that is just way too big!
I love hearing Tyse stories. They always make me smile. I think that being He-Man is a very important job!
Welcome to the kindergarten years, you will love it!
Post a Comment