Friday, February 5, 2010

Who could ask for a better friend?

My good friend here in my neighborhood moved away in October. She was (is) so fabulous and so willing to help out. Tyse is the same age as her youngest and they are best friends, as well. When they lived here, our door (and theirs) would rotate constantly- either the boys running back and forth, her 11 year old daughter coming to play with Emitt and Ollie, or her older 2 daughters coming to babysit. We miss having them through the alley so much!
Anyway, she called last week to say she was coming to town! I was so excited to see her and hang out again. She knows that I have really not been feeling well, so when she got here she called to see if there was a day she could take my KIDS and let me rest! Seriously- on her vacation!?! I can't imagine a more selfless and kind human being (and lucky for me- I know a few more just like her!). I am so grateful for great friends that know just what I need and will help me wneh I need it, no matter what the sacrifice for themselves. I love you guys!

2 comments:

kjtroxel said...

katie really is amazing and selfless! It was so good to see her and sit with her at church...I miss that!

Carolyn said...

Oh, Beka, are you still not feeling great? Are you up to trying to get together again? I think we're open (hopefully we'll stay open).