Thursday, February 18, 2010

Colorado Trip- Olympic Training Center

One day we went down to Kent's work site in CO Springs. After he was done, we headed over to the Olympic Training Center. I had never been to this specific site before- I went to one of the centers when I was little, but it was a lot different than this one- this was much cooler!

Some of our highlights:
We formed our own bobsled team. We are ready to compete! This is an actual US team bobsleigh used at the Salt Lake games. The boys loved the fact that it wasn't screwed into the floor...Ollie does all the grunt work for our family!

I also learned that Muhammad Ali wasn't his real name... in the hall of champions, his real name is listed- Cassius Clay, JR. It was very cool to see all the art dedicated to these athletes and their sports!

We went on a tour after watching a video that got us all psyched up for the olympics! We were so glad we were able to go on an Olympic year so our spirit wasn't wasted- it just increased!

Our tour guide was a little (big) african american olympic weightlifter. I call her little because she was shorter than I am, and looked totally skinny, but she's a weightlifter, so... not so little, I guess.

The grounds were really cool! They had all these statues of athletes playing all the olympic sports with life size tracks,. goals, etc. The boys had a go at the 100 meter dash...They only made it about 25 meters before they were too tired to keep going. I didn't break it to them that they only made it a quarter of the way.The boys loved looking through the rings at me!

And of course we had to give the podium a go...
As we were leaving, we saw the countdown clock that really got us excited!
I can't believe the olympics are finally happening! Hooray!

0 comments: