Thursday, April 24, 2008

Someday...

Someday we will have cable. Why, do I need cable, when the only station we ever watch anyway is PBS? Well, it's playoff time again. Most of you are thinking... basketball. True- I have always been a Nuggets fan, but those are not the playoffs I am speaking of.
IT'S HOCKEY TIME!
You all know how much I love sports and how much time I spend keeping up with football- but how many know I actually prefer watching hockey? I LOVE everything about it! I love the speed, the roughness, the finesse of moving the puck up the ice, I love the rules, the controversy, the ice, and I LOVE a good shootout!
So therefore, the background of our blog has been temporarily turned toward cheering for the Colorado Avalanche, who are just about to enter the second round of the western conference playoffs. Their first game of this round is tonight and if I only had cable... I would become an incompetent mother for a couple hours! K, maybe not totally incompetent, but I definitely would be letting little fingers get away with things they shouldn't...

2 comments:

Johnsons said...

I never knew that you were so into sports. Jimmy watched the caps once they got into the playoffs, but they lost the series last night.

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate!!! I'm not even into sports a little bit and I LOVE watching hockey. The first game I ever saw was actually a pro game in Vegas with the Colorado Avalanche playing some team from LA. Exhibition game, extra fights, so much fun :)