Thursday, April 24, 2008

The season has begun!

Today is a big day at our house- it is the first night of softball! Kent is playing on the Okland softball team again this year and their first game is tonight. He loves playing, but I think maybe I love watching him play more than he loves playing. And I KNOW Tyse likes it more than me! So our thursday nights for the rest of the summer will be spent at the ball park- cheering on kent and turning down dying requests for visits to the ice cream truck that makes the park his only destination.
Unfortunately, we do live in utah and though I LOVE the snow, today looks like this...

and so I am expecting that no game will take place this week. Maybe next week!

3 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

Brandon started his softball games last week. We love going to watch them too! He decided to do double-headers this year so we have 2 games to look forward to--unfortuantely it is the night of Grey's Anatomy and Lost, so I guess I have to choose my husband over my favorite shows!

Johnsons said...

What a good wife you are to take all the kids to watch him. Jimmy is coaching for the high school team, and we went to a lot of his games last year, but this year with three kids, I haven't ventured out yet.
I hope it gets warmer for you guys soon. It was in the 80's here, but it keeps going up and down. Today was in the 70's though, so I am not complaining.

kjtroxel said...

So fun! Neil used to play a lot but got badly injured once and had to stay off work for a bit...can't do that now with our own business!
April snow! Seriously I thought it was cool but I hope we do still get Spring weather instead if going straight to Summer (although summer means pools and I am a swimmer LOVE IT!)
To comment on Hockey! I like it too...but in person. I can't find the puck fast enough on the screen..it's hard to watch.