Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ollie's captured smile

I finally was able to capture one of Ollie's smiles on the camera- note, I was the smile seeker and the photographer, so he isn't exactly in the middle of the frame- you do what you can when you aren't looking through the lens! anyway, here it is...
and it was immediately (no more than a second) followed by this...
It seems to be a pattern for the pout to immediately follow the smile when the camera is out. Maybe a future actor?
Indulge me one last time- here's one with his dimple...
I love the excitement of coaxing those first smiles. It is such a gratifying accomplishment when you finally get one out of him. Sadly, he doesn't seem to like to smile for Kent. He hasn't received one yet- in his 5 weeks of smiling, not one just for dad. He may just end up being our "somber little pig" as Tyse would call him.

4 comments:

Doug and Shayla said...

I love the pout. That is so cute. I'm glad you were able to catch it on camera. I was always just a second too slow on the best poses. Thanks for your love and support. It means the world.

Teri said...

I never knew that having a pout lip was second nature. It seems so forced when we are adults but so natural on babies. Love the smile, such a cute little pig.

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

So cute! I miss him already. I dig the new background..very Beka.

Brandon and Amber said...

Don't worry, I still haven't told Kent that he smiled for me! :) What a cutie!