Saturday, April 26, 2008

The 4 year old concerned with his future...







VS.











The other night we were eating dinner. I have a radio that is mounted under the cabinets in the kitchen that is always on, and it is mostly on a country station. Tyse is very quick to figure out who sings what and likes to sing along. Some of you may remember a past post about Carrie Underwood, but she appears to have competition...
A Taylor Swift song came on the radio during dinner and he was singing along. After the song he announced, "That was Taylor Swift. I am going to marry her." Well, I thought, at least he seems to be developing good taste in girls...?
Then, 2 nights later, a Carrie Underwood song came on. He then told me the following-
" I am going to marry Carrie Underwood in dad's temple." OK. I proceeded to tell him he would have to choose between the 2, and he said, "I choose Carrie because she is just so much cuter."
If Kent would have been there, I don't think he could ever have been more proud! I guess taste is genetic!
Then this morning...
Tyse-"Mom, will Taylor Swift have to divorce her husband to marry me?"
ME- "Taylor isn't married, Tyse"
Tyse-"But she is so cute. Why not?"
ME- "Because she is only 16 years old. The same age as Jordan (neighbor girl)"
Tyse- "OH! Well, that will work out then."

Since when do 4 year olds concern themselves with marriage? At least he dreams big!

6 comments:

kjtroxel said...

Is it a four year old thing? Tyse sure does have good taste! Both are such cute girls. Good luck to Tyse!
Conner wants to marry the princess of Nabu from Star Wars (Luke and Leah mom. He thinks her smile is cute. Cole is wise enough not to share his little crushes but the boy was sad the day Mariah from his class moved :)

Kent & Beka said...

KJ-
I thought he was going to marry that American gladiator, Crush. WHat happened to that?

Kristi said...

That is so funny! At least he does have good taste. I like the girls myself! I love country music. It is fun to see what 4 year olds will say next!!! I will be there someday too!

jami said...

I am still laughing. I miss seeing you guys and hearing all the funny stories.

Doug and Shayla said...

My four year old is right there with Tyse...except for the fact that she has her eyes on YOUR SON. So much in fact, that she had a nightmare involving her worry that Tyse didn't realize he wanted to marry her. Poor thing, she shouldn't be worrying about such things. Maybe one day, Tyse will see Hailey in a different light. :) She'll have to come out with a country hit or something, Doug would die of course...but she might find a suitable suitor. :)

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Hormones already?! He must be your kid!