I love how kids come up with their little sayings (not that we are any different). Tyse has definitely learned the value of the spoken word and uses it to his full advantage and 90% of the time I love it! (10% of the time I end up somewhat horrified!) Now that I have you wondering, here are his latest phrases:
1. He loves to say "what's the difference?" he just hasn't yet gotten the idea of it. He says it to me often, sometimes out of the blue and I am supposed to know exactly to what he is referring and come up with the brilliantly correct answer. This is often when that horrific 10 percent makes a showing. He doesn't like that I don't read minds well. Anyway, the other day he says to me (good luck keeping up), "What's the difference with skin? The difference is that our skin looks like this (pointing) and other peoples skin is brown or really white. It's just different. That's the difference."
2. He has the most wonderful primary teacher. She does a great job and he learns a lot from her. In class they have been talking about President Monson and his counselors, whom he refers to as "president monson's presidents". Anyway, he asked me if I knew who president monson's presidents were one day and I actually understood and tried to explain that they are called counselors. He said, "Never mind mom with the right word. What matters is that we know who they are. I know. They are President Eyring and president Orkdoof." I love how he says that!
3. He has started soccer practice and loves every minute. He thinks he needs to practice non stop, and I had to hide his jersey and shin guards so they make it through the next week until his first game. One night he was out playing with Kent and Kent told him it was time to come in for bed. Tyse says, "But Dad, my coach saysbthat we need tom practice a lot! if I go to bed, I can't practice and then I won't win." Sheesh. But if I was concerned about him being a bit timid on the field, it was solved after the second practice when the coach said to me, "Man, Tyse has a lot of aggression!" I am hoping he meant that he is aggressive. I know you are all thinking, Tyse? Timid? no way. But it was a bit of a concern.... for a second or two. Anyway, That's all I can think of right now, but I know there was more to share, so I may have a part 2 later...
July Fun
3 weeks ago
3 comments:
Cute, you'll have to keep us up to date on the Tyse-isms. They keep me laughing.
That is so funny! I love kids. Wyatt has me laughing all day long. I love how they are trying to sound so grown up right now, but they just don't get it quite right.
We almost started Wyatt in soccer, but decided to wait until next year, but hearing how excited Tyse is make me wish we had done it this year.
He's so cute.
BTW he loved the game "Operation" Sun night...an idea for a certain holiday coming up :)
Post a Comment