Monday, August 18, 2008

Colby's birthday

No, we don't have yet another boy at our house (yet!) Colby is a friend's little boy that turned 2 in July and I just haven't posted these fun pics yet. After the formal festivities, Shay's dad let us come to his house and play in the kiddie pool, the hot tub, and bbq. The kids have so much fun together! I feel so blessed to have friends that have kids the same ages as mine. Except poor Ollie. No one else was ready to take the plunge with the little ones only 9 months- I can't imagine why! I can't wait until we can move into our ideal compound style housing with those we love!

Look at how cute girls are. I don't have any of my own, so I just pretend maybe these are mine!

The slide into the pool was such a hit- the kids had a great time sliding down! Samantha was a little daredevil! For her usually cautious self, it was fun to see her almost as crazy as the ones that live at my house! Tyse thought that maybe Emitt needed a little help going down the slide. I'm sure!Scout was so cute in the pool- completely content just to be in her own little anti-slide world and go crazy! Here are the group of 2 year olds minus Amy. The birthday boy is in the middle.

My boys didn't want to stop!

They wouldn't get out even when Emitt was practically in convulsions! I wish we had video of him shaking and the sound effect that goes along with it. If he could put on some fat maybe he would be able to go swimming in July without worrying about hypothermia!
The bbq was delicious and Shay and Dave braved the swimming pool with all the kids. The end of the night was filled with fireworks from Lagoon. It was quite a show and kept going and going... thanks for the party, Shay, and the hospitality, Scott!

3 comments:

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

I love it! That was so much fun. I think that Doug and Shay should buy the compound and start building. We'll just contribute where we can. =)

Kent & Beka said...

Absolutely agree. Maybe somewhere toward the cabin?

Brandon and Amber said...

Such fun pictures! I'm glad you took some because I forgot my camera. It was so great to see everybody!