Many of you know that I sleep with a pillow over my head. It has always been that way, and makes for some great 'do's come morning. It stems from a traumatic event from my youth involving the neighbor girl (she WAS older than me) and a story about aliens. Enough said. But how many of you know that Kent has also taken up the practice? Since we had kids, he has always slept that way- providing a great excuse as to why he didn't hear the kids screaming in the middle of the night. So I guess it isn't all that strange for this to happen the other day.
We got some new pillows because Emitt is going to get the boot from the crib to make room for Ollie. We got bunkbeds and so now he just needed a pillow. Tyse asked for the extra one that came in the set. Why? Well, I asked, and he said "because I want to sleep with one on top of my face just like you and dad." And sure enough, I went in to check on him before going to bed the other night and found this...
I bet that neighbor never thought she would have caused a family of pillow covered sleepers! You all wouldn't want the tradition to end- what would Tyse's friends wonder about during college if there wasn't a pillow story?
July Fun
3 weeks ago
5 comments:
Okay, I'm sorry, but Gary was the first thing that popped into my head with that annoying accent! How great that your family is following in your ways!
How proud he looks in that pic...to be like mom and dad! Too cute!
I used to sleep with the covers over my face...story close to yours only mine involves scary, rabid dogs that would bite my nose off! Older brothers are so kind,
I think I would totally get claustrophobic with a pillow over my head like that. However, I might try it to block the sounds of my children crying in the night!
Oh, there are plenty of things that his college roommates can talk about. We'll feed them all kinds of stories.
I just found your blog and am excited to read up on you all. We are going to be at the reunion. Are you going to be there too? Oh, the pillow over head is awesome, my Dad has done that for as long as I can remember. Way cute!!
Post a Comment