Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just another day in paradise...


Emitt has decided it is time be potty trained. I feel lucky that my kids have had so much ambition on their own to do this deed- I am truly blessed when it comes to this. I told Kent when we got married that if he would handle the poop, pee, and puke, I could handle the blood, guts and gore. So potty training is something I have somewhat dreaded. Tyse was so easy that I was sure that Emitt would be terrible- but he has been asking for a couple months now to use it, and I kept telling him no because I wasn't ready to drop everything to take him. Well, we have gotten down to a half box of diapers remaining and it occured to me that if I went along with this, maybe I won't have to buy him diapers ever again, so we have been starting to accomodate his 4 or 5 times an hour requests for "poo poo". He has been doing so great- up until yesterday I hadn't changed a stinky diaper from him in 5 whole days! (poor kid now has nasty teething poo)
Anyway, sorry for the long intro and on to the main event....
The other day he had to go "poo poo". So I went in and sit him on the toilet and then went back into the kitchen (10 whole steps) to take some meat out of the freezer for dinner. Came right back- less than one minute later- and found him off the toilet, with the pee trap removed from the potty seat (the one covering the family jewels in the above picture), dipping it into the toilet and filling it with water, and then drinking it. MAN, I love my job.

5 comments:

Johnsons said...

Oh, I bet you died! Atleast it was just the water and not his poo!
Way to go Emmit for wanting to be potty trained. I think McKartnee will be in kindergarten before she gets it.
Your announcements were soooo cute.

Brandon and Amber said...

Okay, I just about lost my lunch!

Giron Family said...

Oh so nasty! But it made the pefect ladle/cup, mom! He couldn't resist!
Good for him (and you)getting potty trained now. I think it's easier when they are younger personally. I bet you are ready to not have TWO in diapers. I can only imagine!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Sick! I love boys!

Lyndsey said...

Lucky girl. i wish my kids even wanted to look at the potty let a lone sit on it. Hope it all works for you! We need to go to the park again.