Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's all about the pumpkin

HI everyone!
So most of you know I love to cook, and I have stumbled upon a couple really good pumpkin recipes recently that are SO easy. So if you are looking for a new idea or feeling a little adventurous, try them out sometime this week!

Eggnog Pumpkin Pie

1 15-oz can solid pack pumpkin
1 1/4 c. eggnog
2/3 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 t. salt
1 unbaked 9" pie shell

In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggnog, sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour into a pastry shell.
Bake at 375 for 60-65 min. or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until serving. YIELD: 6-8 servings
MY NOTE: It took more like 1 hour 20 min. at my house to get it cooked all the way through- and it tastes a LOT better the second day!

Pumpkin Dessert Dip
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, very soft
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
1/2 c. canned packed pumpkin
1/4 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. ground nutmeg

Mix all ingredients until well blended; cover. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Serve with assorted fruit and cookies
MY NOTE: this also tastes better the day after it is made... and nilla wafers are great with it or those new keebler cheesecake cookies are great!

I hope you try them out and LOVE them as I do!
Happy turkey day!

3 comments:

Doug and Shayla said...

Thank you! I've tried Bek's Pumpkin Eggnog Pie, it's incredible! :)

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

You've already sold me on the pie. Now, to just try the dip. My sister loves that your my friend. You give her all kinds of cooking ideas.

jor said...

yum! I will have to try these. i still use lots of recipes I got from you. The pumpkin bread is a FAVORITE in our house and my parents house...my little brothers love it. Y