Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween 2007


For halloween this year, I had no say in Tyse's costume. He has had it planned out since christmas- it was Batman. No negotiation. So we did the best that we could to add to what we had and make him a batman. I think it turned out pretty well. I think the best part of his costume is the mask- Batman is down one ear thanks to Red (the dog), but tyse doesn't notice anymore, so it worked. His favorite part of the costume was the black undies that went over top the sweat pants. Every time he thought about it he would giggle and say, "Batman wears undies on the OUTSIDE of his clothes! Look- you can even see the hole!" (insert action of him sticking his hand in the hole). It was pretty funny!
Luckily for little ones, I still had a say in Emitts. I made this little lion costume and I love it. I think it turned out really great. We had been working on the roar, but he stopped doing it about a week before halloween, so our lion was a little cowardly, but adorable.
Between preschool, Kent's office, and the neighborhood, we ended up with 4 tupperware bowls of candy. We are going to be re- giving it as easter candy I think. Plus- I had heard that the neighborhood was an absolute ZOO last year, so we stocked up on TONS of candy, and had 8 total trick or treaters come by. So that bag of 200 sour straws that kent insisted on still contains 195 pieces, and no one else can stand to eat them. Anyone LOVE sour straws?

After we got home, Tyse dumped every last piece of candy on the floor and he and Emitt had a great time sifting through (ok, I did as well!) and Emitt did get a little posessive of his share...

We had such a fun night and capped it with cups of hot cocoa and called it a night!

7 comments:

jor said...

They both look great! The lion costume is awesome...I never would have guessed it is homemade!

Doug and Shayla said...

Such cute costumes. You are so talented Bek. Good luck with all of those sour straws, I'll check and see if Doug likes them.

jami said...

Your kids looked super cute. I laughed about the black undies all night.

Meggan said...

What adorable costumes. I can't believe how big your boys are getting. Also we made our Blog private and I need your email address, the one I have for you got sent back. Email it to me.

Carolyn said...

Good job on the costume! I would never dare attempt something that involved. It looked great!

Beth schell said...

That's so funny about the sour straws, I just wrote a blog post about them. Indeed, it would appear I have discovered a love for them!
I love the lion costume! You really did a great job! Is it made with ribbons?

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Every year you top yourself. The kids look so cute.