We were preparing the other day to give the boys their annual summer haircuts. I had just asked Tyse if he wanted a buzz, to which he replied, "I will be ready for a haircut on friday, mom." Well, ok then. So then I asked Emitt if he wanted a buzz. He replied, "no, mom, I want a woody."
A couple weeks ago after church, I asked Emitt what he had learned in primary that day. He was so excited to share- he said, "let me show you! Put out your hand. Now, we high five, and then bump!" So glad stories about jesus are sneaking their way in there. Also on the primary note, during singing time they played a game where you had to identify and sing songs that were chosen. I don't know if they were program songs or just your standard oldies but goodies, or what, but he knew and sang pretty much every song on the list- more than even the 6 year olds in the primary!
Emitt loves swimming and has absolutely no fear of the water. He has been fished out of swimming pool at least 5 or 6 times (more than once by the lifeguard) after just jumping right in off the side and not being able to swim. Unfortunately,he considers himself a proficient swimmer more than able to swim in the deep end with his brother. He now declares, "I am NOT a baby swimmer. I am a big boy swimmer and I won't go if I can't go in the deep end. Now he wears his lifejacket all the time, no matter how many adults are watching, and swims in the deep end all the time- kicking and paddling as much as his little body can. It takes him a good 10 minutes of all out kicking to get across the pool but he does it! Unfortunately, that same stamina does not carry over to emptying the dishwasher.
On sunday we were walking to church. It was 10 am on the first mid-80's day of the year. We live 1/2 block from our church house, but poor Emitt couldn't make it. We made it 2 houses when he had to sit down and said, "Mom, it is just TOO HOT! Can't we go somewhere that it is freezing?"
Emitt loves swimming and has absolutely no fear of the water. He has been fished out of swimming pool at least 5 or 6 times (more than once by the lifeguard) after just jumping right in off the side and not being able to swim. Unfortunately,he considers himself a proficient swimmer more than able to swim in the deep end with his brother. He now declares, "I am NOT a baby swimmer. I am a big boy swimmer and I won't go if I can't go in the deep end. Now he wears his lifejacket all the time, no matter how many adults are watching, and swims in the deep end all the time- kicking and paddling as much as his little body can. It takes him a good 10 minutes of all out kicking to get across the pool but he does it! Unfortunately, that same stamina does not carry over to emptying the dishwasher.
On sunday we were walking to church. It was 10 am on the first mid-80's day of the year. We live 1/2 block from our church house, but poor Emitt couldn't make it. We made it 2 houses when he had to sit down and said, "Mom, it is just TOO HOT! Can't we go somewhere that it is freezing?"
Emitt is getting to be a better eater. He has started to actually eat some of whatever I make, of course after giving me the intial "ewwwww." His new favorite thing? Chip sauce. Not salsa. Chip sauce.
4 comments:
That boy is so dang cute! My favorite is "no mom, I want a Woody". He looks so much more like Tyse now that neither of them have hair.
love that boy!
I just adore kiddos, and yours are so cute! Thanks for sharing those cute stories.
Cute blog! We're in Utah now, so let's get together soon!
Post a Comment