Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tyse's Bits of paper

I have all these little bits of paper that have been lying around my desk. On them I have written a load of cute and adorable things about my kids that I keep meaning to post about so they are written somewhere (other than on my many little bits of paper). Here are the ones that have to do with Tyse.

Tyse is getting older and more ...something... not sure the right word... every day. He is serious about every thing he does- school, sports, games, you name it- it is a BIG deal. A couple months ago he came home from school visibly upset. The first thing out of his mouth was, "Mom, I've really GOT to have a haircut." Upon asking why, he informed me that the kids in his class had been teasing him about his hair. I must have given him the "huh?" look, because then he said, "well mom, not ALL the kids. Just the girls." Again, he got the "huh?" And then almost in tears with his voice quivering, "mom, they just say how CUTE it is. Over and over. And ask if they can touch it!" Well, that was the day we went for the almost buzz in the wintertime.
He is also completely obsessed with Chess. He wants to play all day, every day. I, myself, don't even know HOW to play chess. He keeps volunteering to teach me, sweet boy. I keep trying to find good excuses to NOT learn. Luckily, Kent enjoys playing with him, and just a couple weeks ago, he got his first victory over his dad! He was so excited- and Kent didn't even see it coming. He brings it up every time they get the chess board out. It is the only game I have ever seen him continue to play even though he loses almost every time.
Sports continue to be his first love. Soccer season is in full swing and his team is 3-0, and his goal count stands at 17. We have really been working on getting him to pass to his teammates instead of just dribbling it down and scoring himself, and this past week he showed it is finally sinking in! This past week at lunch he had been quiet for a while and finally said, "mom? I have been thinking about my game this week. Sometimes when I am getting ready to score I have 2 or 3 guys guarding me and I have to be pretty fancy to get it past them. But... what if I just passed it to the middle? Tate is always standing there, and then HE could bury it! I think it would work!" I was very proud to hear his brain starting to work in a bit of a team fashion- and then to actually see him tell Tate the plan and then try to execute it was even sweeter! I was so proud of him!
His last great moment of the past few weeks came one morning when I was downstairs getting Kent off to work. Tyse stumbled into the kitchen straight out of bed and instead of saying his usual- "can I have breakfast now?", he uttered 4 words that I didn't expect to hear at the age of 6- but now plan on hearing every morning for the next 12 years. They were, "Where's the sports section?" My boy is getting big!

7 comments:

Katie C said...

Oh Tyse...to smart for even you Beka! Love that kid.

kjtroxel said...

Tyse!! Love that boy :)

Laurie Meredith said...

What a great kid. He is years ahead of the game.

Sidney said...

We are so glad we met you guys! Gianluca loves to play with Tyse. He's a great kid!

Unknown said...

send him over here. he and gavin can play chess together. we've got the same issue. =)

he's such a great kid!!

Anonymous said...

The sports stuff cracks me up. My kids are screwed if they want to play sports can you help them?

Carolyn said...

That is so great. He's a smart one.