Sunday, March 14, 2010

Old McMadsen walks the plank



















Ollie loves everything about farms and farm animals, so we had decided on a farm party for his birthday. The first go around got canceled, so we ended up with a million different plans for the next week. Origionally we were going to have a traditional madsen birthday party at our house with all sorts of farm games and what not. But... after the duration of illness, I wasn't up for such an event. So we decided to haul the party down to the farm and Thanksgiving Point instead. Enter the 6 inches of snow we received the day before the party. Although we love winter, our guests don't, so we showed pity and planned for a sledding party instead (Here is where the theme becomes nonexistent). Apparently we were getting a little more Colorado weather, because by the time I returned home that evening, all 6 inches were gone! So we were out of luck again. I still didn't want to try the farm because of the mud, there was no snow for sledding, so....
we decided to give it a go at Pirate Island instead. We had never been here before, but it ended up being great! It's pretty much a combination of Chuck E Cheese and Casa Bonita. Despite the fact that Ollie was PETRIFIED of the skeletons they had all over the place, the boys and the few friends that were able to make it had a great time!

The boys loved the balloon swords that the balloon guy made.
I think we had all the little pirates in the joint up on this stage having the grand master fencing battle of all time! Ollie also found a worthy foe in the balloon bouquet grandma brought.

Of course, there were more candles to blow out- and Ollie shared this one with his best buddy, Great Grandma Ruth. He also had a great time in the arcade! He got to...



































But his favorite of all was the basketball shooting game. This is Luke, Emitt, and Ollie all doing it at the same time. They found this a great way to stretch their tokens!

Thanks to all who joined us for a great celebration!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

You could be one of the most talented, creative people I know. Very cute invites. I'm pretty sure I've never made anything homemade that is worthy of sending to people to actually look at. Good job. And he does have a cute smile!

Sidney said...

I'm so glad you had fun! Sorry we weren't there. He is such a little charmer. I love this kid!

Livin La Vida Keto said...

Happy Birthday Ollie! I am sorry we missed it.

jor said...

Fun! Those barn invites are adorable!