Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy 2nd birthday, Ollie!

We celebrated Ollie's 2nd birthday at the end of last month. I can't believe my baby is 2! Because we had spend the previous 3 weeks puking, with the last of the puke coming just a day before, we decided to postpone the festivities a week and hopefully not share our joy with the world. I think he scored on this because he ended up with 3 birthday parties!

We had to do a little something for him on the actual day, puke or no puke. Usually Kent and I decorate the boys' rooms on their big day. But I found out this year- Ollie is still too light of a sleeper! I woke him up 3 times before I finally decided to decorate the front room instead- which never happened, by the way. Anyway, I walked in to get him out of bed on the big day and this is what I saw...We had gone to burger king a couple days earlier and I had forgotten that I had left his crown on his dresser, which he can reach from his crib. It was as if he knew it was HIS big day or something!

Ollie's favorite food is muffins, so we indulged him in a few (more than half of the batch) on his big day.I love that cute little smile!

That evening, Grandma and Grandpa Cox braved the bodily fluids and came up to celebrate. I don't think that Ollie even really likes cake that much, and I was feeling pretty badly that day, so I passed on the cake and we had birthday sopapillas instead!

One of my favorite things about Ollie is his neat freak side. It isn't that he doesn't ever make a mess- because he is a champ at it- but it better be cleaned up precisely how and when he wants it to be when the time comes. This rolls over into birthday present opening. He meticulously pulls each little strip of paper off the gift- including tiny little pieces of tape- and it all has to be off before he can even start to really see what the present is. Then, after he has figured out what the toy is, the rest of the opening is on hold while the last batch of paper goes in the garbage (or his garbage truck toy). It was extreme enough that the cousins have made "no wrapping paper" stipulations on all Ollie's gifts from now on.He recieved some very nice gifts- but I think his favorite was the bag of goldfish that Tyse picked out for him, or the watercolor paints that Emitt picked. In fact, when bedtime came that night, all 3 boys were wailing about putting the paint away. I guess that means they liked it.


I must say that for a sick birthday, it was pretty fun! Happy Birthday, baby boy!

0 comments: