Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Getting around to valentines

Sorry, a few weeks late. But the bright side? REALLY only a few weeks late! hooray!

Anyway, being the ridiculously overambitious mom I am, I let Tyse look through some magazines and things to choose which kinds of valentines to make for his class. His pick?...

Why I let him choose, I am not sure... they looked so simple in the magazine. So unfortunately for Emitt's friends (or maybe fortunately), I made him take Little Debbie snack cakes instead. That was the only thing we found in the store that would be "cooler" in his 3 year old eyes than the robots I was NOT going to finish.

After their valentines, I made grown up ones...some chocolate truffles and a little card. I thought they turned out OK- we put mint in the truffles for the first time and they were my favorite! Next time maybe we will try another flavor.

With valentines day being on sunday, we didn't go out- instead I talked some friends into getting together- what better babysitters than their friends to keep eachother busy so we could be grown ups for an evening. The menu was fondue and we had a great time! We made a broth fondue and had all the best dippers- steak, chicken, salmon, shrimp, mushrooms, broccoli, potatoes, cauliflower, and on and on! Here are the girls getting it all set up...

thanks, Sid, for showing us what we SHOULD have been doing! (even if it was pretend!) WE also had a chocolate fountain and tons of dippers for that as well! The kids LOVED this...Even though Kent isn't much of a Valentinian, we managed to go out together the next weekend. We finally saw "The Blindside" and had an amazing dinner at Tiburon. I got Kent a back massager thing- but bought the wrong one. Dang it! He told me that I could take it back and get myself my present. Maybe one year he will plan ahead. It was a great night! Thanks for the trade, Sid!

3 comments:

Sidney said...

I need to stop goofing off in pictures, I always look... like I need to loose 10 lbs, oh wait, I do need to loose 10 lbs! Anyways that was fun and I am always so impressed at what a little Martha Stewart you are! You are an inspiration Beka! I'm so glad we're friends!

Jane Durham said...

how lucky your kids are to have such a ridiculously ambitious mom! and everyone else around you too!

BALL said...

Look at you super mom, the valentines are super cute and you have updated a lot since I checked last! Fun! We need to get together