
Last friday we were lucky enough to get to go to the first session of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication. It was such a neat finish to the whole temple process we have been to. I almost felt like I was sending my kid to college or something...we spent so much time there I can't believe it is actually up and running! During the session President Monson mentioned to the church's project manager that he had worked tirelessly on this building for a couple years and today they are taking it away from him for good and giving it to the Lord. That is almost exactly how we felt- it was very strange to think we couldn't just head on over with the boys any time we pleased! I guess if you have to give it to someone...
We got to sit in the largest sealing room on the 4th floor- Kent's second favorite room in the building, so that was really special for us and we were accompanied by Kents brother and his wife. It also happened to be President Monson's birthday- he is 82. So I am going to say we spent his birthday with him!?!What a blessing we have to be so close to so many temples. Within an hour we can get to 8 temples. We happen to live in the only city in the world where there are 2 temples. What an amazing opportunity for us to serve and strengthen. I can't wait to get back to work!
4 comments:
Pretty neat, and Beka you look amazing!!
You do look amazing Beka! And Kent did such a great job on his work building the temple
The temple was so beautiful! Kent did a great job!
That is so cool!! Does Kent have a new project yet? Ben and I decided you guys should come to Philadelphia to build the temple here :)
Post a Comment