So we have dropped off the face of the blogworld- I am working on it. We got the new computer and haven't gotten all the pics and stuff transfered over from the old computer yet, nor the program to download any new ones, so be patient and don't give up on us...
but what I am wondering is what do you do with a whole chicken (Looking for recipe ideas here, not extracurriculars)? Or how about when you buy a whole chicken cut up? Thighs? Drumsticks? They are so much cheaper and I don't know what to do with them. Any ideas?
July Fun
3 weeks ago
4 comments:
I usually cook it, shred it, and freeze it for casseroles.
I have been trying to do the same thing lately. I can not believe how much cheaper it is. I just googled "how to cook a whole chicken" and then they have a bunch of recipes to look through.
Good luck.
Mamoo used to make what we called Juicy Chicken. It was just thighs and wings, but normally a lot of them. So that may not help. Yummy sauce though!
Remove the skin. Boil them bone in with herbs and celery (the part you don't eat) and carrots and some onion and you get double duty. Chicken stock and then cooked chicken for another time. I usually get about 3 meals out of one chicken maybe four if it is big.
Freeze the stock for when you want soup and freeze the chicken portions too. It is great! You can add water to the stock too and get two meals out of it because it is so concentrated.
Post a Comment