Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paragliding






A couple weeks ago, the Troxel's took us along for a GREAT adventure... we went paragliding! At the Point of the Mountain there is a paragliding state park and apparently it is one of the best places to learn and train in the world (if not THE best). Thanks to Neil and all his hard work for our play!


It was so easy to see why people get addicted to this- it was really relaxing and you just sit

in the little "stadium" type seat and fly. OK- it is a little more than that- the trainer guy sits behind and does all the cord pulling and pushing and all that- but it was really relaxing and peaceful. I loved it! Next time we have an extra $8 grand laying around, maybe we will think about outfitting ourselves!


This is Kent in flight. He is the close chute- the red, black and green one.

Granted, I am not really afraid of heights, but I have STOOD on cliffs and the top of bungee towers and been way more nervous than I was when I was actually jumping off the mountain and flying around. It was such a great time! Thanks, N&K!

14 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

That looks like so much fun! We always see lots of people flying around when we pass the point of the mountain. One day, when at least one of us isn't pregnant, we should all go! How much did you say it was?

kjtroxel said...

Our pleasure! It really was so fun huh? Send me the pics when you have a chance :)

Levi and Sandra said...

You are so brave. I don't think I could do that. It looks like you had lots of fun.

Johnsons said...

Beka, you are awesome! I have a friend out there that wanted me to go the last time I was there. Back in the day I totally would have, but I have turned into a real whimp since I had my kids. Maybe you have inspired me, and I will be daring enough to try next time I come out there, but I doubt it. You go girl!

Laurie Meredith said...

Man,that sounds like a blast. I am terrified of heights though, so it would be hard for me to take that first step.

BALL said...

You are so brave!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

I loved hearing this story. Takes me back to the day when I was young and fearless. Those were the days! I would love to do this though. Doesn't seem quite as death-defying as skydiving, therefore a much more responsible and cool thing to do as a mother. I'm so behind in looking at people's blogs, so I just want you to know that you are all the cutest and coolest people I know!

Doug and Shayla said...

Wow, that looks awesome. I'm jealous. :) I would love to do that sometime.

Nikki said...

I've always wanted to do this!! I seriously want to hear more about it and how much it was! I wanna go so bad but I don't have the guts to jump out of a plane...so this gets me a thrill but not stopping my heart or causing me to pee my pants. LOL!!

Tara said...

It made my heart start thumping just to see those pics! I'm glad that your brave and had a fun time! ;)

the garside clan said...

Paragliding is great! We got to do it in Mexico on 2006. We did the hooked to the boat version and even my 5 year old at the time got to do it. I want to go again seeing your pics.

jor said...

Ahh!! How scary and fun! You guys are awesome

Carolyn said...

Ooh, I am deathly afraid of heights, so I'm pretty sure I would pee my pants and cry through the whole thing. But good for you for doing it!

the4ofus said...

Too fun!! I'm totally jealous, even though I am terribly afraid of heights as well. I am willing to try anything though!
Way to go!