Sunday, September 7, 2008

The First day of the rest of our lives....


The madness has begun! Yesterday was Tyse's first soccer game ever! It is a momentus occasion for all- my first day as a real soccer mom, and kent's dream come true! I can't even start to describe how proud Kent was of him and how into the game he really was. He was one fof the few on his team that actually chased the ball the whole time, actually played defense, and he scored 5 goals! He was in heaven! As soon as we got into the car to go home, he started whining, "MOM, I just can't wait until next saturday for my next game." The neighbor taught him how to slide tackle, which surprisingly he didn't use on anyone else, just on the ball when it was going out of bounds. It was so fun to watch and we are excited to continue the saga!

10 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

I'm so glad he loves it! Our ward did a little soccer camp for the 4-5 year olds and we put Samantha in it. She loves to play soccer with Brandon, but when it came to all the kids charging the ball, she wanted nothing to do with it! Good thing I didn't waste my money for the real thing. How fun that you are a soccer mom!

Doug and Shayla said...

How fun! We all knew Tyse was a natural athlete. I can just see Kent's huge grin. I was a little bit of a slacker, well, a little distracted this summer and by the time I went to sign Hay up for soccer, all the teams were full! :( Sad day. I miss you so much. We gotta get together.

The Lunds said...

That is too much fun. Yes, it looks as if soccer mom will be your title for many years to come. No worries, mine too. I am excited for sport years to come but that means he is getting too big. I think Tyse will be an awesome soccer player. Sounds like he already is.

Livin La Vida Keto said...

Soccer is cool! Way to go Tyse! It was great to see you at the shower. It has gotten hard to get away but hopefully we will see everyone at the wedding!
Love, Carie

Carolyn said...

Congrats Tyse on doing so well in your game. I'm so behind on reading anything, so I just got caught up on all the fun things you have been doing. It feels like we were just at your house. Time is flying!

Giron Family said...

He looks like a pro! How awesome.
Hey, I was wondering if you are putting a order in for Pampered Chef anytime soon. Lemme know. Also, we went private with our blog so email me and I'll invite cha! kinkin424@hotmail.com

kjtroxel said...

SCOOOOOOOOORE! I love how into soccer he is. Too cute. I am also glad he will still pick berries and look at slugs with my non athletic types :)

Johnsons said...

Way to go Tyse! With you and Kent as his parents, how could he be anything but a natural athlete! We were going to put Wyatt in this year, but we decided to wait one more year. Seeing Tyse have so much fun, makes me wish we had put him in this year though.

Chandler said...

Looking good! We needed Tyse on our team. Blakeslie wasn't quite the same star. She didn't always run after the ball and was the first one to ask the coach for a break. She was pretty funny, but she sure thought she worked hard.
Hope all is well.
P.S. I can't believe Emitt is 2! Time flies way to fast!

Amy and Brad said...

Congrats to the soccer star! What a fun stage of life - enjoy!