Ollie is almost a week old now, and so I decided to post some more pictures of him. We haven't taken a single picture since we got home, but there are some cute ones from the hospital to share. He has been such a blessing to us already- a good excuse for mom to sleep in a little bit, for dad to take some time off work (kind of), for Grandpa to come visit, etc. The boys really love him, although Tyse "Hates that name." He has taken to calling him "Jacko". I swear- if he knew Michael Jackson's nickname, he would be even more for that one, but alas, it is his own creation that he likes to use. Every time we say Ollie, he mutters under his breath "I HATE that name."
The surgery went really well- We loved the hospital and the staff that helped us. My dr. is very laid back, so he let Kent wander around the operating room and take pictures of whatever he wanted. Thus we have some really interesting pictures- I have never seen my own insides before. Now I have pictures of them for eternity!Before we started, the anesthesiologist asked me what radio station I wanted to listen to, and the drs were joking with Kent that whoever was on the radio at the time the baby came out is what his name would be. We almost followed suit- It was Kenny Chesney and George Strait (lucky me! what a memory), and my whole family calls Kent "Kenny", and his middle name is Kent... I know it is a stretch, but it almost fits!The boys loved visiting the hospital. I think that their favorite part was the jellybeans I had in the drawer and the chocolate cake from my dinner. The nurses loved how busy they were- luckily our room was pretty big, so we had a soccer game one evening. The hospital also has cable, so Tyse got to see some of his favorite shows he doesn't get to see at home. I was lucky enough to have it snow on saturday, so I could watch out the window as the snowflakes fell. I also did my best to get as caught up on LOST as I could. We have been borrowing the seasons on DVD from the library and we are just in the middle of season 2, but it has us hooked and we can't wait to get the next set of discs... what a great thing to pass time!
I know some of you don't care about these details, but we use this for a family journal, so bear with us...
Anyway here are a few more of my favorite pics. I love watching our family grow- both in number and in human size. What a blessing little boys are!
July Fun
3 weeks ago
12 comments:
Tyse is so funny! I'm sure Samantha would be the same way if she didn't like a name! You look great already! That picture of you in the hospital...you can't even tell that you just had a baby if I didn't see you holding one! Glad that Lost is helping pass the time. I'm addicted to that show too! Well, we all just started getting sick, so it might be a little bit before we can come see you, but I can't wait for when we do!
How wonderful!! We are so excited for you both. I guess boys just run in the family. We can't wait to all be up there closer to you! Love, Cousin Carie
Congratulations!!! I'm a little slow, I just barely checked your blog. Soo fun! That's soo funny about Tyse not liking Ollie's name, I'm sure that he will grow to love it! :) Cute family! We miss you guys soo much!
You look great, Beka!!!!
My boys were so excited to see these pics! How beautiful is Ollie! We like the name :)
You look so good in that pic!
:)kj
Haha....you're sucked into 'Lost'too. Sam and I got sucked in while at DLI and COULDN'T STOP WATCHING IT (this was before Aria came along). I didn't get anything done for about two weeks! We're still waiting on season three as well...maybe I should just stay away from it :)
Congrats on your newest little boy. You guys sure have some cute kids!!!
I love it that you are finally watching Lost. It reminds me of the good old days when we would stay up all night watching the first seasons of 24. Oh Canasta! I miss you. Everyone looks great. I can't wait to see Ollie again.
I am so happy he is healthy, eating and adorable!
I just got an email from my mother-in-law...it was odd! She had this really best friend she spent a lot of time with in Paris when they lived there for 5 years....Maralee. I have heard about this Maralee so many times and was thinking of naming our next girl after her I love her name so much and Ruth is so fond of her. Anyways, I think she might actually be your sister!
Is she? How crazy is that that my mother-in-law was best friends with your sister for 5 years in Paris France! Anyways, it would be interesting to know if this were true, what a small little world it is that we live in!
Congrats again!
Melanie
Love the pics. I think it's so funny about Tyse. I'll have to jump on the LOST bandwagon sometime. I think I've seen just part of one episode, I know I'm bad. Gotta get with it. Miss you. Hopefully we'll see you soon.
Congrats on the new addition. I am loving the name, Ollie. So cute and original.
I too love, love, love Lost. Every Thursday I get pumped for the new episode! Glad to find another Lost addict!
I'm so glad everything went well and you guys are enjoying your new little bundle!
He is so cute! And you look AWESOME!!
I think it is a great name! And he is adorable! He really is a beautiful baby. Congratulations!
Post a Comment