Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MY HUSBAND

What is his name? Kent Kirtley Madsen

How long have you been together? 7 years now! Can you believe it? That seems like so much longer than I should be old enough to admit!

How long did you date? Technicalities... We are one of the few I know that actually did have a traditional "first date" and a "second date..." but where the dating ends and the engagement begins- from the day we decided to get married, or from the day that he actually proposed? Because there was a LONG 5 months between the two... Thanks, Uncle Sam!

How old his he? 29- or as tyse often asks, "is dad 89?" and then that makes me "98". Kids.

Who eats more? He does, though it has dropped off quite a bit since he started sitting at a desk, and mine has considerably increased since the parasite!

Who said i love you first? Kent did. It is a pretty funny story about beating around and around and around the bush until it got late enough at night for him to be delirious enough to just go for it!

Who is taller? Kent, obviouisly. 6'3"- but he now likes to claim 6'4" with his new cowboy boots!

Who can sing better? We both hold a tune decently- but I know a LOT more songs and lyrics than him so I probably just do it a lot more often!

Who is smarter? I would say he is. He is much more philosophical than I am- he thinks about things a LOT more than I do. Tyse has already picked up on this- if I tell him something, his next move is to say "where's dad? I need to ask him if that is right."

Who does the laundry? Ususally me, but right now it is him or the neighbor or my grandma... whoever is willing to!

Who pays the bills? I do

Who sleeps on the right side? We are in the middle of trading for space and newborn purposes, so right now I do, but next week? Probably him.

Who mows the lawn? The HOA. Actually, we finally got some grass in our own little sideyard so this summer I guess we will find out!

Who cooks dinner? Usually me, but right now it is him or the neighbors- I made dinner last night and went all out with Hamburger Helper. When is the last time anyone actually made that? But... what is it about box crappy meals and my children actually eating them? To be a kid and crave the cheap stuff!

Who drives? Drive? That means you have to go somewhere. He does.

Who is more stubborn? Tyse. He is the most stubborn person in the world I think! I don't think Kent or I are either particularly stubborn- we have our moments, but not enough to say one or the other.

Who kissed who first? Kent kissed me. He still thinks he was so smooth over this one. I guess they need the boost once in a while, so why kill it?

Who asked who out first? Kent asked me out and then didn't plan anything- just came and got me and went for the spur of the moment planning. But it was great!

Who proposed? Kent did. It was wonderful and very long awaited and very romantic!

Who has more friends? I think that Kent is probably more "friendly" and outgoing to people- he definitely talks to more people and works his way around a room. I think I keep in touch with more people from the past and focus on the longer term friendships!

Who is more sensitive? Is there a man out there that takes this one? Kent is the antithesis of sensitive. I find it humerous- MOST of the time.

Who has more siblings? I do- 4 to 3

Who wears the pants? Emitt. and the unborn. Mostly the unborn- so does that mean me? Lucky me!

MY ODE TO MY HUSBAND-
I have the best husband in the world. He is trying so hard to fill ALL the roles of our home right now and I am so blessed. For instance- yesterday, he did the following:
got up and got the kids dressed,
fed them,
got them dressed (including changing the NASTIEST diaper imaginable)
spent 10 hours at work,
came home and helped with dinner,
put away the dishes,
cleaned the kitchen,
put emitt to bed,
took Tyse to the library to get some movies and books for me,
put Tyse to bed,
got me my medicine,
helped me upstairs,
gave me a backrub,
trimmed and filed my toenails,(I know- no one really wants to know that, but that is dedication!)
read me scriptures as I wallowed and waited for the tylenol and heating pad to work
and then tried to sleep as I got up 5 times to go to the bathroom, use chapstick, inhale tums, etc.

I LOVE my husband because he does all these things, will probably do the same tonight, and still has a GREAT attitude and asks constantly, "what can i do for you? or what can I get you?" I am truly so blessed to have such a man in my life.

4 comments:

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Kent rocks! It's amazing to see what someone (anyone) can do when they step up to the plate. You're a good man Kent Madsen.

Doug and Shayla said...

Kent, you're AWESOME!! It was really fun to read this blog. I hope life gets a little easier for you guys once this baby gets here, maybe he'll be the best sleeper/eater/etc. You guys certainly deserve it. We LOVE you!

Johnsons said...

What a great husband! You deserve it. I'm sorry your pregnancies are so rough. it's a good thing your kids are so cute. You are almost done. YEAH!!! (easy for me to say right)

Carolyn said...

Yay for Kent! Can we come see you guys sometime? We have been sick for about 4 months now, but we might be over this latest cold. Maybe next week? We'll get in contact.