Friday, January 15, 2010

Tyse turns 6!

Tyse has turned 6! we are so excited for him. He thinks things are great at 6, and who can blame him? I would LOVE to spend a while as a 6 year old again!

Anyway, about 2 weeks early he was sitting in church and I leaned over to see what he was doing and saw this...

His birthday wish list AND invite list for his party. The best thing about this list is on his wish side (written in red). The 7th item down says "RUG". I think it is a funny story. We are sitting in church and he leans over and says to me, "Mom, for my birthday, can I ask for something for you?" Of course I say yes, but I am really curious as to what he wants to get for HIS birthday for me. ANyway, he writes rug. I aks him about it and he says, "Mom, you really need new kitchen rugs." Apparently the wear on my rugs is enough to entice a completely self centered six year old (as all are) to aks for kitchen rugs for his birthday.

This was also the first year he wanted a boy only party. So for my friends with girls, don't feel slighted. Your daughters would have gone nuts at the bowling alley with 9 six-year-old boys!

Anyway, for the day we actually went to cut our christmas tree. That deserves its own post, so I will share that later, but after we got back we went to Red Robin for dinner, where we actually let him order dessert, and then opened presents.The highlights were...a bronco bobble head from my sister's family- which lasted all of 3 days before his leg was broken off, and...The bright blue cowboy boots! He had been asking for seriously over a year for some and so I took him boot shopping and he couldn't live without the bright blues. He calls them his BYU boots. Apparently all things in our house are byu. On a sidenote, when we asked Emitt tonight at family prayer what he was thankful for, he said, "The BYU guys." Boy, we have been effective in our brainwashing! Anyway, he wants to wear the boots every day, even with warm up pants and one leg tucked in. I am learning just to cringe and get over it!

A couple days later, we had his friend party. We took 9 boys bowling! I wasn't sure they would all really get it, but they had a great time and left some great divits in the lanes of the bowling alley!

I know this pic is really blurry, but I think it is hysterical and it sums up the entire bowling experience- 9 young boys trying their hardest to throw balls bigger than their heads down a lane- in the fastest way possible!
Here's our crew after the bowling- next stop home for pizza and cake!
Tyse was very specific about what cake he wanted- he has been asking for it since the day after his birthday last year!
Yes, that is a bag of cheetos with a candle taped to the top! That is exactly what he has been asking for for months! But he did think maybe someone else would want cake, so as a boy after his mother's heart, he wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I did my best, but cake decoration is usually Kent's domain!
We all survived and had a great time! Can't wait for #7!

3 comments:

Laurie Meredith said...

How fun! Glad you posted the pics so I can see Ben's hilarious attempt at bowling.

Katie C said...

I love all the new posts of birthday parties. I'm sad we missed Tyse's birthday. Who's name is #5? It looks like we missed an awesome party! Happy Birthday Tyse!

kjtroxel said...

so cute! How sweet is that note.
I love that pic of Ben throwing his body into it! That really does sum it all up