Monday, September 24, 2007

Supporting a Good Cause

A few months ago, one of Beka's cousins was diagnosed with leukemia for the third time. His name is Casey Nish. He is married, has three kids and is 34 years old. It is obviously a very hard situation to go through for his family and one in which we wish we could do more to help. Prayers are on the forefront of all the help from everyone who knows but Casey had one more request. He asked all the male family members and friends to shave their heads in support of him losing his hair. So I did. If, you read this Casey, I am considering you to be the first person on the prayer roll at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple (being built in background).


At the same time I have a cousin, Robert Carpenter, who was recently deployed to Iraq in August. So I guess shaving my was two-fold. I think I might keep it shaved until Casey recovers and Robert returns. I actually like it a lot. But it might be cold for this upcoming winter.

0 comments: