Thursday, September 27, 2007

Labor Day Camping

So I am finally getting around to posting our Labor Day pictures. I know- I have tried at least 4 or 5 times to do so, but Tyse is a little obsessed with the computer and comes along while I am changing laundry or something and deletes the whole post. So here I try again...
we had a great weekend at Rifle Falls State Park in Colorado with my brother and his family and my sister and her family. I love camping and we have finally gotten out a couple of times this summer and really had a great time! Even the dog loved it, so the hassle and stress of getting everything together was definitely worth it. HOw does it work that a manly activity such as camping always means the poor wife has the most stressful week of her life? I haven't quite figured it out yet... I guess it is because I actually care if our children have cold weather clothes and fruit to eat some time during the trip.
Our first full day there we went on a short little hike to the falls that the campground was named after. It was a lot of fun! We hiked up and around the top and there were a million different caves for the kids to explore and wildlife all over. There was one cave that was quite a bit larger than the others and poor tyse became PETRIFIED of it. I think because of that book "We're Going On A Bear Hunt". He thought every cave had a bear in it. Luckily his opinion changed about it when we went back later that night for the bat talk and observation. He thought it was the best part of the entire trip- the rest of us don't think we saw a single bat. I am sure that in his super hero geared mind Batman was up there somewhere flying around.
The next day we went to a place called Hanging Lake to hike. My family has been going to this trail for as long as I can remember and I think it is my favorite all time hike. Rather short, absolutely breathtaking, and a lot of fun. Well, I had forgotten that terribly steep and boulder ridden in that first description. Tyse went ahead with Uncle Craig, Aunt Krista, Ty, and Grandma Paula while Kent patiently endured me pulling my pregnant belly up the hill very slowly. Apparently Tyse was great help to grandma while they were hiking- every time there was a rock of any size in the trail, Tyse would climb up it and then turn to her and say "Oh grandma, this one is a HUGE step. I better help you". He would then hold his hand out and "pull" her up the rock. It was very gentlemanly of him! I am trying to upload kiot9ti9toyigkllfldlgkgjgjkglkgflf,lg,lfg;lgl;g;lgm,tkykotyktpktltkl;tpotlktlp;tl;tlp[otportpoltpotpottltkltkllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllc,lfcmklefoifkrtgkoitgokptypkoyok

1 comments:

Meggan said...

Sounds like you guys (almost all you guys) had fun camping, we would have loved to joined ya. Hey we count we are family too. Well, congrats on baby #3 glad to hear that beka is feeling better with this one.

Later Jon and Meggan

check out our blog if you want
hulmerus.blogspot.com