Friday, August 17, 2007

The Lord's work progresses!

Here is my first add to the world of blogging. I guess there is no turning back now. But I have realized that this is great way to allow others to peek into our lives and see what's going on in our tiny world. And since our time is so devoted to the internet why not take advantage of it and use the technology to keep in touch with everyone.


Our family is going to grow again as you have all heard. The third is already on its way. We might need some donations if it ends being a girl. But we'll be excited either way. Beka is feeling the effects of the pregnancy rollercoaster. She is tired a lot and sick at nights, which results in sleepless nights most of the times. Plus she takes care of the kids and dog all day everyday, both of which keep her on her toes.

I have mostly been busy with working and more working. It seems that I never rest or relax. There is always something that needs to be done. Whether it be at home or at work, I've kept pretty busy. I recently built shelves in the garage to get all our crap up of the garage floor, picked up literally garbage cans of dog poo, played mechanic to two of our three cars that are currently broke down, cleaned the house on a seemingly constant basis, cooked when Beka is too sick to do so, framed a neighbors basement to bring in some extra dough and worked two jobs at once when our superintendent went on vacation for a week and left me with all the duties of managing the construction of the temple.

For those that never heard, I graduated in December 2006 from the Construction Management program at Brigham Young University, which finally brought an end to an almost 10-year college era. And no I am not a doctor. Crap!! Oh well. I am really loving my career! I chose to work for Okland Construction in Salt Lake City, UT as a project engineer. I even got to basically choose which project I wanted to start on and chose to work at the construction of the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple. We broke ground in mid-February and are almost done with the concrete portion of the building. Steel started flying a week ago and we have a lot of other work going on such as mechanical, electrical, storm drains and sewer installations. There is just so much to do before the completion date of December 1, 2008. It's incredible. The first photo is of our first footing pour back in March. The second photo is how things look as of August 16. We've seen it come a long way since that first pour in March, but there is still a long way to until it is completed. It has been a very rewarding experience working with the church, especially on such a special project. I will keep posting photos every so often so that everyone can see the progress that is being made.

One last item that I wanted to mention was a very exciting time for me. The family went up to the lake by our house and took Tyse fishing for the first time. The lake is man made and is incredibly beautiful. The Division of Wildlife Resources stocked it with thousands of fish, mostly small to medium sized ones. The exciting part was helping Tyse cast his line out and reel it in. We were fishing from the boat docks and could see a lot of little fish swimming around below us. The best moment was when Tyse caught his first fish and got to reel it in. You can see how excited we both were. What a great time we had.

1 comments:

severts6 said...

Thanks for updating and the pics of the temple progress. Keep them coming. I'm sooo sorry that Beka is sick, I wish that we were closer so that I could pay back all the times that she helped me out when I was sick. Hang in there. We miss you guys.