Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Rest of April 2010



The trip to AZ was our monthly highlight, but we did a few more fun things in the month.I turned 31! I had picked the cake I wanted about a month prior, so part of my present was being given the time to bake it! I discovered the cookbook section of the library one day and I have been wanting to learn to make artisan breads. Unfortunately I didn't find any cookbooks that only had breads in it- but I did find the Martha Stewart cookbook that I call "The Baking Bible." I borrowed it because it had a chapter on breads- but it also had a chapter on about every other pastry and bakery item. Somehow I never got around to making any bread, but I sure tried a lot of cookies, pies, tarts, and cakes....hmmm. Anyway, I made this mint chocolate ganache cake for my birthday. I ran out of time when making my ganache so it ended up a bit runny, but it sure tasted good! We also got to go to Zupa's for dinner (my family friendly fave) and spend the evening together.


This is one of my favorite pictures from the month. Tyse has started to like to read to Ollie. They have such a great time together! They are very similar to eachother and sometimes they struggle, but I think for the most part they are understanding kindred spirits. Not many would understand their drive and need for achievement. Certainly not Emitt.

Emitt entered an extra mischevious stage this month. There are many troublesome things he has discovered in the last 6 months, but this was one of the most problemesque-

he learned how to open nailpolish. It was unfortunate day- for his fingers, his clothes, the carpet, and the couch. Luckily it was just the underside.

0 comments: