Our days are never boring! It just isn't meant to be...
Yesterday I got in on the excitement- we were headed down to Provo to pick up the new $5 cougar football tees, and I needed to stop by my mom's house to pick up something. I got there and left E&O in the car while I just ran in- my mom and grandma are both on vacation, so no need to drag them out. I ran it, thinking that my brother must have come and greased up the front lock because it unlocked so easily this time! I stepped in and saw a cute little pair of flip flops by the front door. The last people at my mom's house were my aunt and her grandkids who live in Canada, so it crossed my mind that maybe I should pick them up and mail them to her before winter comes. What a good gesture. I then start down the stairs, and when I get there, I can hear water running. The first thing I do is panic because my grandma has been out of town for 10 days by this time and if she left the bathroom water on, well, it wouldn't be good. So I run down the hallway towards the bathroom to be greeted by a topless woman! She totally scared me and I must have petrified her because she started screaming! Apparently the doorlock hadn't been fixed (it was unlocked), the shoes did indeed have an owner present, and grandma didn't leave the water on- the shower was in use! It happened that at that very moment, my cousins were headed through town and stopped to stay at the house for the night! Luckily I had met my cousin's wife once before (about 3 weeks ago), so I wasn't a complete stranger, and luckily she is pretty laid back. After calming down and figuring out who eachother was, she said, "ehhh, you have a set. Seen one set of boobs, seen 'em all." I'm just glad my male cousin wasn't out of the shower yet! That was a great start to the morning!
Next, we headed down to a friend's house for the day. We are driving there and get to a part where one road splits off from the main one and you go on a little overpass and then down a country(ish) road- you know, lined with only weeds and an occasional tractor and dairy farm. Well, at this moment, we see they are repaving the middle 2 lanes (one in each direction). We are driving down when Ollie starts panicking and saying, "shoe, window!!" Oh, it took a couple blocks for me to figure out that he was telling me he threw his shoe out the window, and then about 10 more before we got to a spot in the construction that I could actually turn around. I may have just kept driving if they weren't the only shoes the child will allow on his feet (and they were one of my few expensive kid buys), but I flipped around and drove back to try and find it. I think Heavenly Father knows I am running on max in every area of my life and that one little thing could be the breaking point because he made the find amazingly easy for me. We got back to the split in the road and turned back around to retrace. We got to the point in the road where the curb is about to be swallowed by weeds and tall grass and there the shoe is, just sitting in the gutter. And, as the moment comes, the construction crew had stopped the traffic going in our direction right next to the missing shoe. So I just had enough time to jump out of my car and grab the shoe before traffic started moving again. But you should have seen the look on the man's face in the truck behind me...
After that, Ollie needed a redeeming quality. I went to pick up the carpool from school. There is Tyse and then 2 other kids I pick up- one of whom is a 9 year old girl. She always likes to ask Ollie how old he is- because it always changes. This day she asked him and he answered, "six." Then he paused briefly and said, "no, seven," as if he had to briefly think about becoming another year older (and 5 years older than in real life). He is pretty sure he is the OLDEST brother, not the youngest. And at some point Emitt may just concede the older brother role- just so Ollie won't sit on him. You see, if Ollie sits on Emitt, Emitt can't get Ollie off. It is hysterical! We have been trying to teach Emitt how to escape, but he just can't seem to do it. One day we had Emitt try sitting on Ollie and Ollie was out from under him in just under 3 seconds. Poor little (and by that I mean LITTLE) Emitt. No almost 4 year old should have to hold his 18 mo. shorts up in the waist as he runs so he doesn't lose them!
What crazy and fun days boys bring. I am so happy to have boys!
July Fun
3 weeks ago
6 comments:
oh the fun you have EVERY day. your guys crack me up!
Flying shoes! Ha!!
Your posts make me giggle. I have such memories of my boys at that age! Are you planning on coming to Sarah's baptism-Sept 4 at 4pm?
That is hillarious! And Ryan feels Emmitt's pain. He is 3 and can still fit in some 6-9 month shorts (waist only, of course). Poor kid. Hopefully someday they'll hit a growth spurt.
Love it! So that's why they make the window locks on back seat doors?? LOL!
Bek you amaze me!
Oh my gosh! I am laughing out loud at that topless story! So funny!
also, I love the picture at teh top of your blog!
Post a Comment