
Do you all remember these pictures- taken almost 4 years ago when Kent returned from Iraq? It is very on my mind today because today Kent's old unit from the National Guard shipped out again to serve a year in Afghanistan. And I will have you all know- he is still home. What a blessing for our family at this point! Can you imagine having him ship today and then having our baby tomorrow? The second I heard the news, I burst into tears with so many emotions (remember, I am still pregnant- tears are pretty typical at this point) and memories that I wouldn't change for the world, but do not ever wish to have again.
What an answer we have had to prayer by being able to miss out on this one. Last year at this time we were weighing our options as to whether Kent should finish his last 2 years of service as an active soldier in his unit or brave the realms of the national pool of inactive but deployable soldiers. This kind of deployment was such a big concern for us and we were just playing a guessing game as to who would deploy him more quickly. I feel so blessed and watched over to have felt the spirit guide us to the decision we made, and with today's events I feel so much (guilty) relief. I know it doesn't mean that he isn't going to be deployed in the next year sometime (his time is up NEXT april), but at least we have him here for now. I feel so grateful to have a husband willing and trained to serve his country. We were blessed in so many ways during his Iraq deployment. I have no doubt that he would do a great job in whatever they decided to have him do, but I feel blessed that he is able to be home with us right now. I don't know what I would do without him!
July Fun
3 weeks ago
8 comments:
I am so glad he didn't have to go. I was getting teary eyed just thinking of you having to say good bye. We miss you guys and need to get together.
I can't even imagine if he would have had to leave you right before you have the baby! Oh my goodness! I've been thinking about you a lot and can't wait to see that new little baby!
Beka,
This is Lora. I found your blog on Katie's blog. I can't believe you have three kids (almost)! Wowser. It sounds like you are such a fun mom. Cannot imagine the fear that you must have dealt with when he was gone and now the peace that following the Spirit brings. Good to keep up with you.
ianandlora.blogspot.com
I admire any man and family that defend our country in any way. We are all so proud of Kent and his service, and so very glad that he doesn't have to go this time. I pray that his unit will stay safe during their service.
Definitely a time to give thanks. I am so happy that he is able to be home during such an exciting time in your lives, baby #3! We can't wait to meet the newest Madsen. We'll pray for the safety of all those serving their country overseas. Thanks Kent for all the service you've given.
We're so glad he is still here! But we are also so thankful for everyone who will make that sacrifice (including Kent). You guys are wonderful!
You are both so brave.,..I don't know how anyone could live through the insecurities that having your partner, and father of your children leave somewhere where it is so dangerous and the outcome is uncertain. I can't imagine what you have already been through the first time, and I hope you never have to go through it again.
With all that said, it is an amazing thing that Kent is so brave willing to fight for our freedoms, and I have the utmost respect for what he has done and will ever do in this area.
When is your baby coming
?! What an exciting moment! Enjoy every second of it you two!
Melanie
I am so glad for both of you that he didn't have to go again. Amen to what others have said about being proud and grateful for your service. You guys are awesome and I am so gald that you got to be there when the baby was born Kent! What a blessing!! Congratulations. He is beautiful, I saw the picture on Shayla blog. Great Job.
Post a Comment